The day I met Jeff

The day I met Jeff

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another successful Canuck Tweet-up gives me that extra push

so.. this is post #2... it took me 18 days to do post #2 on my new blog... I have to admit, I was "warned" from other bloggers and some friends that once you start a blog, you need to make sure you keep it up to date with what you wanted to talk about... so now that I realized that they were all right, I had a boost last night that helped me realize that.

I am talking about the Canucks Tweet-up that was at Boston Pizza on Grandview last  night.  A Canuck Tweet-up takes place at a real location and all the Twitter users show up and watch the game, put a face to the Twitter name, and prizes are usually given away. With this one being an "official" Canucks Tweet-up put on by the Social Media Team at the Vancouver Canucks, it was a blast!

This was not my first Canuck Tweet-up. My first one I went to last minute when I was in Vancouver in November. I meet some of the Canuck bloggers and fans that I had been following on Twitter. @mozy19 (Richard) @canuckshockey (J.J) and some of the great ladies like @causticchick (Lindsay), suitoflights (Jocelyn) and @canucksgirl44 (Katie).

I have done a lot of "tweeting" since meeting Jeff Tambellini back in October and I have become more obsessed with the Canucks this season because of him. I know more about the game, know the players, and watch the game until the end, EVEN if they are getting their butts kicked, which thankfully this season, hasn't happened to much!

With this recent Tweet-up last night, I made the trip to Vancouver just for this.. I had nothing else on my agenda BUT to go to the Tweet-Up. Yes, I paid money to BCFerries and Translink for the Canucks... and to see some great people and it was worth the trip.  I met Nicole from @VanCanucks who told me she was telling people at the office that I make the trip over just for the Tweet-up. @Chris_Palliser from The Beat 94.5 was the host and he did a great job!

Chris Palliser from The Beat 94.5

I am hoping to have more opportunities to go to events like this in Vancouver. I will be at the Canucks Private Practice on February 6th and the Skills Competition on on February 27th. More pictures will be coming soon from the 4 games I have managed to go so far this season.

My next goal?? I want to interview Jeff Tambellini.  So... have questions for Tamby?? Send them to me and I will put them on my list!

Canucks Trivia Question:  In the 1989 draft, the Canucks selected 12 players. Which player was the ONLY one who played a game with the Canucks that year?

Have a awesome day readers and remember.... We are ALL Canucks.

2 comments:

  1. what a great pic of you and Chris! glad you enjoyed the tweetup, i swear i'll make it to one this season!

    thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still amazed you came all the way from Nanaimo for it. Major props to you! Good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete