The day I met Jeff

The day I met Jeff

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Day I Met Jeff Tambellini

The date: October 22nd, 2010
The place: Outside Rogers Arena in Vancouver
My friend Joe (@thejoecooper on Twitter) & I had decided to go downtown for the day since we had tickets to go to the game that night.  The Vancouver Canucks were playing against Minnesota Wild.
We got off the skytrain and decided to go to the team store to have a look at all the 40th anniversary items .
After leaving the store, we noticed a few people outside the parking garage of Rogers Arena with Canuck jejrseys etc.  We asked them who they were waiting for and they all said the Canucks morning practice had ended.
Joe suggested we should stand there and talked me into it when he said “You might see Tambellini” so of course we stayed.
As we stood there, we saw Kesler leave and some of the equipment coaches. As I was watching some of the Minnosota players hop on their bus, Joe grabs my arm and says” Darcie, it’s Tambellini” I turned.. and there he was… sigh… I swear to god I was just so dumbfounded that Joe had to TELL me to go over to get him to sign my jersey and take a picture. We talked for all of 30 secs and it was over….the grin on my face lasted… wait… I still smile when I think of that day! Lol
What did I say to him? Well, I commented that I was Darcie, the girl who had sent a message to Karen at 99.3 The Fox asking for heads up next time he comes into the office… he laughed… said he remembered her saying something about me… smiled… like the pic below..


That night, again, October 22nd, 2010, Jeff Tambellini scored his first goal as a Vancouver Canuck and I was witness! OMG! I was SOO excited for him! He was also the first star that night too.. I still make jokes that I must have brought him luck! And my next blog proves it just a little more……

Have an awesome day readers! :)

1 comment:

  1. hehe thats an awesome story...I used to go see players after games at that spot when I was younger and lived in Vancouver!.

    ReplyDelete